ITI Apprenticeship Registration 2022
All the candidates who are going to apply for any apprentice vacancy all need to register first on apprenticeshipindia.org New Portal without doing registration on the ApprenticeshipIndia.Org Portal you can not apply for any apprentice vacancy, so we have given you, all the related question answer’s in this article, read it first and then visit the Important Links section to do registration by watching our GyanDev Host YouTube Channel video.
FAQs – Apprenticeship under the Apprentices Act
Q 1. What is Apprenticeship Training ?
Apprenticeship Training is a course of training in an industry or establishment, under a contract of apprenticeship which consists of :-
a) basic training component and
b) on – the – job – training (OJT) / practical training at Workplace.
Q 2. Which kinds of industry covered under this program/mandate ?
All sectors including manufacturing and service.
Q 3. What is National Apprenticeship Promotion Scheme ?
National Apprenticeship Promotion Scheme (NAPS) is a scheme of Government of India to provide financial support to establishments undertaking the apprenticeship training. NAPS was launched on 19th August 2016.
Q 4. What are the components of NAPS ?
The scheme has the following two components:
- Reimbursement of 25% of prescribed stipend subject to a maximum of Rs. 1500/- per month per apprentice by the Government of India to all employers who engage apprentices.
- Reimbursement of cost of basic training (up to a limit of Rs. 7500/- for a maximum of 500 hours = Rs. 15/hour) by the Government of India to Basic Training Providers (BTPs) in respect of apprentices who come directly for apprenticeship training without any formal training.
Q 5. Where basic training can be done ?
i) National Skill Training Institutes (NSTI), National Skill Training Institutes (W)
ii) Government Industrial Training Institutes (ITIs) having 2-star rating or above and Private ITI having 2.5 Star rating or above affiliated to NCVT
iii) Government & Private Training Centers affiliated with NSDC under SMART portal & the Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Kendras(PMKK).
iv) Industries/ establishments with “In-House Basic Training facility”
v) Basic Training Centre set up / supported by Industry / Industry clusters / Industry Chambers / Associations.
vi) Stand – alone Basic Training Centers like Polytechnic, Universities, Engineering & Management Colleges having good
vii) Training Centers empaneled under State Govts & other Government of India schemes
Q 6. What are the kinds of Trades /Courses establishments can take up under the Apprenticeship act?
There are two categories of Trades defined under the Apprenticeship act 1961-
- Designated Trades: Those notified by the Government are referred to as” Designated Trades” and
- Optional Trades: The other trades which are not included in the notified list of the Designated Trades but opted as a Trade/Course to be run under the Apprentices Act by an establishment. These are referred to as “Optional Trades”.
Q 7 : Who all are eligible to be apprentices under the Act ?
Any individual who has completed 14 years of age (18 years in case of Hazardous Industries defined under the Apprenticeship Rules), is a minimum of 5th class pass (for Optional Trade), is meeting the standard of physical fitness for the course and having minimum educational qualification prescribed for a trade can undergo apprenticeship training.
Q 8 : Is registration of contract of apprenticeship required ?
Online registration of contract of apprenticeship is mandatory for both Designated Trades & Optional Trades
Q 9 : What categories of apprentice are covered under the Apprentice program?
- ITI Pass Outs
- Graduates / Diploma Holders
- All Pass Outs from the NSQF aligned courses including PMKVY / DDUGKY etc.
- Dual-Learning Mode from it is
- Perusing Graduation /Diplomas
- Fresh apprentices
Q 10 : What categories of apprentices are required to undergo basic training?
- All fresher apprentices are mandatorily required to undergo basic training.
- Candidates who don’t have basic training or qualification in the trade / course for which he/she has applied for apprenticeship on the portal need to go through the basic training.