SSC Constable GD Recruitment 2024
Table of Contents
The SSC Constable GD Recruitment 2023 Notification has been announced by Staff Selection Commission. Candidates also search it as SSC Constable GD Bharti 2023. Apply online for SSC Constable GD Vacancy 2023 via www.ssc.nic.in. Applicants who want to apply SSC Constable GD Notification 2023 should check out the complete details which is mention below.
SSC Constable GD Recruitment 2024 Short Overview :
|Organization Name||Staff Selection Commission (SSC)|
|Name of the Posts||Constable (GD)|
|Number of vacancy||26146|
|Job Location||All India|
|Eligibility Qualification||10th Pass|
|Age Limit||18 Years To 23 Years|
|Age Relaxation||SC/ST – 5 Years
OBC/Gen – 3 Years
|Salary||Rs. 21,700 – 69100/- Per Month.|
|Selection Mode||Online Written Examination, Physical Standards Test, Physical Efficiency Test and Medical Examination.|
|Application Fees||UR / OBC : Rs. 100/
SC / ST / Female : Nil
|Starting Date to Submit Application Form||24/11/2023|
|Last Date to Submit Application Form||31/12/2023|
|Exam Date||Notify Soon|
Vacancy Details :
SC GD Recruitment 2023 : Male
SSC GD Recruitment 2023 : Female
Age Limit :
18-23 years as on 01-01-2024. Candidates should not have been born earlier than 02-01-2000 and later than 01-01-2005 in normal course. However, after relaxation of three (03) years in upper age, the candidate should not have been born earlier than 02-01-1997.
Note: Due to unprecedented ‘Covid Pandemic’, it has been decided by the Government to grant three (03) years age relaxation beyond respective prescribed upper age limit for all categories of the candidates as one-time measure for this recruitment.
Upper Age Limit relaxation
|Code No.||Category||Age Relaxation Permissible beyond the upper age Limit|
|3||Ex-Service Man||03 years|
|4||Children & dependent of Victims Killed in the : 1964 Riots or Communal riots of 2002 in Gujarat (Unreserved)||05 years|
|5||Children & dependent of Victims Killed in the : 1964 Riots or Communal riots of 2002 in Gujarat (OBC)||05 years|
|6||Children & dependent of Victims Killed in the : 1964 Riots or Communal riots of 2002 in Gujarat (OBC)||10 years|
|7||Children who had ordinary Born Domiciled in the State of Jammu & Kashmir during the period from 1st January 1980 To 31st Dec 1989||05 years|
The candidates must have passed Matriculation or 10th Class Examination from a recognized Board/ University.
NOTE : Candidates who have not acquired the Essential Educational Qualification as on 01.01.2023 will not be Eligible and Need not Apply.
Physical Standards :
Physical standards laid down for the post of Constable are –
For Males : 170 cms.
For Females : 157 cms.
For males only – Unexpanded : 80 cms.
– Expanded : Min expansion 5 cms.
For males and Females : Proportionate to height and age as per medical standards.
Race (Running) :
For Males : 5 Km. in 24 Minutes.
For Females : 1.6 Km. in 8 Minute 30 Second.
SSC Constable GD Selection Process
The Selection one the basis of CBT Written Exam, PET, PST, Medical and Document Verification.
Computer Based Exam
- All candidates whose online applications are found to be in order will be called to appear in the Computer Based Examination (CBE).
- Written Exam Duration : 60 Minutes
- The questions in all the components will be of Matriculation level.
- There will be negative marking of 0.50 marks for each wrong answer.
- The computer based examination will be conducted in English and Hindi only.
- The Computer based examination will consist of one objective type paper containing 80 questions carrying 2 marks each, with the following composition:
|Subjects Name||No. of Qs.||Max Marks|
|General Intelligence and Reasoning||20||40|
|General Knowledge and General Awareness||20||40|
|English / Hindi||20||40|
PET / PST Test
|Height ( UR / OBC / SC)||170 CMS||157 CMS|
|Height (ST)||162.5 CMS||150 CMS|
|Chest ( UR / OBC / SC)||80 – 85 CMS||N/A|
|Chest (ST)||76 – 81 CMS||N/A|
|Race||5 Km in 24 Min||1.6 Km in 8 Min 30 Sec|
SSC GD Constable Exam Syllabus 2023
General Intelligence & Reasoning:
- Analytical aptitude and ability to observe and distinguish patterns will be tested through questions principally of non-verbal type.
- This component may include questions on analogies, similarities and differences, spatial visualization, spatial orientation, visual memory, discrimination, observation, relationship concepts, arithmetical reasoning and figural classification, arithmetic number series, non-verbal series, coding and decoding, etc.
General Knowledge and General Awareness:
- Questions in this component will be aimed at testing the candidate’s general awareness of the environment around him. Questions will also be designed to test knowledge of current events and of such matters of every day observations and experience in their scientific aspect as may be expected of any educated person.
- The test will also include questions relating to India and its neighboring countries especially pertaining to sports, History, Culture, Geography, Economic Scene, General Polity, Indian Constitution, and scientific Research etc. These Questions will be such that they do not require a special study of any discipline.
- This paper will include questions on problems relating to Number Systems, Computation of Whole Numbers, Decimals and Fractions and relationship between Numbers, Fundamental arithmetical operations, Percentages, Ratio and Proportion, Averages, Interest, Profit and Loss, Discount, Mensuration, Time and Distance, Ratio and Time, Time and Work, etc.
- Spot the Error, Fill in the Blanks, Synonyms/Homonyms, Antonyms, Spellings / Detecting Misspelt words, Idioms & Phrases, One word substitution, Improvement of Sentences, Active / Passive Voice of Verbs, Conversion into Direct / Indirect narration, Shuffling of Sentence parts, Shuffling of Sentences in a passage, Cloze Passage, Comprehension Passage.
- वर्तनी की सामान्य अशुद्धियाँ तथा शब्दों के शब्द रूप, शब्दों के स्त्रीलिंग, बहुवचन, किसी वाक्य को अन्य लिंग में परिवर्तन, मुहावरा व उनका अर्थ, अशुद्ध वाक्यों के शुद्ध रूप, विलोमार्थी शब्द, समानार्थी व पर्यायवाची शब्द, अनेक शब्दों के लिए एक शब्द, कहावतें व लोकोक्तियां के अर्थ, संधि विच्छेद, क्रिया से भाववाचक संज्ञा बनाना, रचना एवं रचयिता इत्यादि|